It's time once again to feature a stamping friend whom we have found online using Clear Dollar Stamps!
For November's Featured Friend, we would like to introduce you to
We found Judy while we were perusing blogs and online galleries and saw some of her beautiful creations using CDS images. We asked Judy a few things about herself and here is what she told us:
- How and when did you discover stamping? I'm not positive how long, I would guess close to 5-6 years maybe longer. A friend I worked with was big into Stampin Up, that is where she got all her paper, stamps, punches, ink etc. I can't even remember where I bought my first stamps and ink pads, probably Walmart, A.C. Moore or Joanne's and made some Christmas cards.......to look back at them is quite comical. Then I went to a SU party, I was definitely hooked. I started getting SU sets, they seemed to be a better value than buying individual stamps. I won a lot of sets on ebay. I just buy paper packs at Michaels or Joanne's. I liked the SU ink pads because you could get refills, and won just about every one of them and refills on ebay. Now, I'm on a Distress Inks kick. I have over 200 SU stamp sets, stamp sets from CDS, My Favorite Things, Gina K, Inkadinkadoo, Rubbernecker and The Stampin Place. I like to combine stamps from the different companies
- How would you describe your stamping style? I'm not sure how to answer this, so I will just say simple. I started out making simple cards, then, just for something to do I would try to make cards like the ones in the SU catalogs, with so many stamp sets, and a lot of them retired, I would scan the galleries at Splitcoast Stampers, and I have cased a lot of cards there too. I come up with my own ideas, when I have time, but sometimes there is just an inspiration block, and in a pinch casing is the way to go. I would love to be as talented as some of the other stampers are. I consider stamping my therapy, it is so relaxing, that is, until I am almost finished, a what I think is a masterpiece and drop an ink pad on it or while taping it together get it all crooked and the tape won't come apart. I have even had a card face all together, then realized I taped it to the back instead of the front.
- When did you discover Clear Dollar Stamps? Again, I'm not positive, but probably at least 4-5 years ago. I love the clear stamps, they take up less room. I probably have 50 or more CDS sets. I wish I could give you a correct number, but I am in Maryland at the moment, and my stamp sets are in West Virginia. Where I will eventually be living, if I ever get completely moved and sell my house.
- What do you like best about Clear Dollar Stamps? The price, the designs, they take up less space...........what is there not to like??
- Do you have any other hobbies other than stamping? Hunting & Fishing.
And now for some examples of some of Judy's beautiful work with Clear Dollar Stamps!
We'd like to thank Judy for creating such wonderful cards with Clear Dollar Stamps images. Head on over and visit Judy's prolific Splitcoast gallery and leave her some love.
Remember, you could be our next Featured Friend just for using your Clear Dollar Stamps and posting to your blog or online gallery, or even entering our Clearly Inspired Challenges each month. This is a fun way to get rewarded with a free stamp of your choice just by doing what you love!
Hope your day is filled with blessings and stamping galore!